Hi!
I have a field number in my tasks and subtasks and i need that this field in my task be a average of the subtasks.How i do this?
Hi @Douglas Oliveira
As you are apparently using Jira Cloud, you could use the built-in automation for Jira rules to update the task to be the average of the sub-tasks' values.
The difficulty of this depends upon the field you need averaged. There are some fields supported by the Lookup Issues action that make that easy. Otherwise you would need to gather the issues using the REST API and JQL from the rule to do this.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Guilhem Dupuy , Thanks for reply.
Its very dificult to belive that dont have how to do some so simple, isn't there how a code in Json that can do that?
I already is using a paid Add-on to show better the board of Jira, and now to pay another Add-on for do this, will getting very complicated to use the software if always we need of something buy a Add-on.
Thanks @Bill Sheboy ,
In my case is the same field for the tasks and subtasks, this field type is difficulty of to find in JQL search?
By the way, do you know the fuction for calcule average? i searched in Jira suport but i don't find...
Kind regards,
Douglas
Douglas, as that is a custom field it will not be listed in Lookup Issues, but with subtasks you can do this with average. With an automation rule that would be something like this:
{{issue.subtasks.Progresso.average|0}}
Thanks @Bill Sheboy
i belive that this rule would will work, but i have some diferents subtasks, in this case i havent how to use this condition. I tried use a branch but doesnt work, you know some way to do this?
Hello everyone,
I had this question a while ago, and now I'm having a similar problem. I need an Epic field to average for the same field as Epic tasks.I tried using:
{{issue.storys.Progresso(%).average|0}} or {{issue.tasks.Progresso(%).average|0}} but it didn't work, does anyone know how to do this automation?
Are you using the Jira Cloud or Server/Data Center version of automation?
For Cloud: use a Lookup Issues action with JQL to find the child issues of the epic, and then use the list function average on the results
For Sever/Data Center: use a branch with the bulk-handling enabled...with the same JQL to get the results.
Hi @Bill Sheboy
I'm using Jira Cloud. What smart value can I use to find the child issue of the epic, so far I can only search the epic from a child and not the other way around.
The JQL you need depends upon the triggering issue...
If the epic is triggering the rule, its key is what you need. To find the children try this JQL:
"Epic Link" = {{triggerIssue.key}}
If instead a child of the epic is triggering the rule, you use that child's epic link to find the others, and then branch to the epic for the update. The JQL to find the sibling children is:
"Epic Link" = {{triggerIssue.Epic Link}}
The above are for a company-managed project (which uses Epic Link to conned epic/children). If this is for a team-managed project substitute parent for Epic Link.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.