Hello Atlassian Community,I'm trying to get subtasks, when created, to inherit some fields from the parent ticket its created from. I've tried what I found here:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Subtasks-should-inherit-field-values-from-the-parent-task-on/qaq-p/967940And its not working for me.The last thing I tried that I was SURE would work was:1. When issue is created2. And the issue is a subtask3. Then Edit issue fields --- I'm trying just one field to begin with, Assignee. --- I'm expecting the assignee to be pulled down from the parent ticket. --- I've looked in the logs and see an error that says "Can't find issue to copy from".Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Hi @Zach Warf ,
Does your rule look like this :
With the value of your field being copied form "Parent issue", which is not default parameter ?
If yes, then can you can check from your project settings > issue types that your "Subtask" issue task is really considered as a Subtask issue task. You'll know it is if you get the little "Sub-Task" grey rectangle written below it in this setting :
Let me know if it helps,
Guilhem
Guilhem! Thank you so much for the reply. My issue types/project settings screen does not look the same as the one you posted. From the main project screen, I'm doing the same you mentioned above, by going to Project Settings > Issue Types, and I'm seeing below:
First of all, thanks you @Guilhem Dupuy
Your answer was exactly what I was looking for
@Zach Warf
When you go into your Project Setting (Project Name --> Project Settings) you should have inside your menu a "Project Automation". Unfortunately, (but I'm not sure about that) you can not modify Automation if you have not Admin access.
It is because you are using a Team Managed project; this type of projects have a whole different way to manage automations that is more limited than the Company Managed projects
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.