We have multiple service projects but I want to know if it's possible to auto-assign watchers to specific service requests within a project and not on the entire project as a whole. Whether its via automation, workflow post function, etc.
Hi @Jeremy Taylor
Automation can help you with this requirement.
Add the JQL to only query specific service requests within a project and you can manage the users to auto-watch issues in the respective Automation you have created.
Thanks,Pramodh
You can do this with Automation - how do you want to determine which issues should be assigned to which watchers? I would create an automation where when an issue is created, based on JQL, add watchers.
So if I have a service request forms A-F, and I only want specific watchers to be assigned to all requests forms A-D, I would do this via automation?
I'm stuck on the creation because they need to be added as soon as the issue is created but I'm not seeing an option to make it request type-specific.
Issue Created-New Condition?-JQL condition?
Yes, Correct. Select the Trigger as "Issue Created" and then Select the condition as JQL where you need to specify the required Request Types to be filtered, and once that is achieved, select the action as watch issues where you can give the list of users - once the automation is executed the issue will be populated with the users you have selected in Automation rule.
Is there an article anywhere that can provide some of the JQL options to make this work? I am unfamiliar with implementing them in this concept. Upon testing I used statusCategory = Done and validated it but I'm not sure what I would use to locate specific request types?
Also would it need to be multiple automation rules or can all of the designated request types be part of the same JQL condition?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.