Hello,
We are using rank field of Epics for prioritization of epics on a Kanban board. We understand that we can rank issues by moving them up / down on kanban board and is very effective when we do that for the issues in same status. However, the challenge we are facing to analyze the issue that is supposed to be on priority when we have a report pulled which is ordered by rank and lists all the epics in various statuses.
For eg. I have 3 Epics, one in On Hold status, other in Ready for Development and third in Development status. When I look at these epics in individual columns they are ranked at top and all 3 appear appropriately on Kanban board. Now, if I create a report ordered by Rank on dashboard and list all these epics, there is a possibility that Epic in On Hold status appears on the top of list followed by the one if Ready for Development and then one in Development. After I look at this report I want to re-rank my Epic in Development to be on top and On Hold to be at bottom.
I go to Kanban board and I see the only option while re-ranking is Move to Top or Bottom but that is applicable only within that column.
How do I achieve ranking of an epic against epics in other statuses?
Thanks
Sunil M.