Hi everyone,
this question is NOT about transitioning through workflow (sometimes also called "move"). This question is about moving sub-tasks between issues.
Background:
- Sometimes during sprint planning we split stories up into multiple stories. Then we want to move already estimated sub-tasks to other stories.
- We estimate story points on sub-tasks and through automation sum the story points up to the parent. The automation triggers when the sub-task story point estimate changes
- If we now move already estimated sub-tasks between issues, the sub-task estimate doesn't change and the automation doesn't trigger. Consequently, the moved estimate doesn't reflect on neither the previous nor the new parent
First question: What trigger shall I use in automation to detect a sub-task got moved between issues?
I would then wish to re-calculate the parent story points from the sub-tasks on both the previous and the new parent of the moved sub-task
Second quesion: How could I address re-calculation on both affected parents by one rule?
Thanks in advance & Cheers
Ralf