Hi there - new to Confluence but I am already loving it
I want to build up a problem solving page for my company. Specifcally, this page shall give an easy overview based on issues / problems a user may have when contacting our support-hotline. The page shall help the support-hotline to find the solution to an issue.
I started with building up cards as a trial with the macro "Handy Cards". These cards have the title of a specific issue of the user which can be found by the support-hotline guy from my company. By opening such a card, you get redirected to a page where you could potentially describe the solution.
Now the same issue which is descrbied on one of the card titles could potentially appear on various of our products. So my idea was to add labels on each card. The "Handy Cards macro" enables you to display all cards which are either 1.) listed uner a specific page (all child-pages) 2.) or do contain a specific label(s) on the page.
Solution 2.) would work very well for me as I can add labels to every problem for instance:
- Problem: "display of the product not working"
- Label(s) - list all the products which can show this issue: Product1; Product2; Product3 ...
With this I can put together a dashboard per Product as the macro "Handy Cards" allows to filter for specific labels.
The issue here is, that labels in Confluence are defined as global. It is now possible, since every department of my company maintains own confluence-spaces, that my "Handy Cards macro" is showing sites from other departments (if they have the same labels on their sites). This is a big issue and will cause troubles in future.
Questions:
- Does anybody know a solution here in relation to macro "Handy Card"
- Is there an alternative macro which would offer a similar solution?
I have browsed similar topics with labels but didnt find an answer. Also I know there are other ways to work with filters but the point is filters will make it kind of less intuitive.
Lol, this was a long explanation now. I hope it is clear.
Many thanks in advance!
Fabian

