Hi.
I'd like to know, how can I find the right Slack's URL to generate alerts in a specific channel in Slack?
Hey @Marco Antonio !
When creating a webhook URL for Automation to use, it will prompt you to choose a default channel for the webhook to send messages into. This is part of the steps for connecting Jira Automation with Slack . Once you've got that URL though, you can keep using the same URL and simply change the "Channel or user" field at the bottom of your Send Slack message action.
I recorded this video explanation for another question recently - in the video I use the override to send a Direct Message, but you could just as easily put a different #channel-name in the field.
Cheers,Daniel | Atlassian Support
So is there anyway to get to channel with the new Jira app in Slack?
Hi @OJ Johnson , I'm not fully sure I understand your question.
One common ask is for Jira issues to have dedicated channels in Slack, captured as a public feature request on API-65. However, this does not have any relation or dependency on Jira Automation.
Is that what you were thinking about, or was it something else?
Thanks,Daniel
I was able to do it through Github from Jira and end up in Slack. Is the process a little different directly from Jira to Slack?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.