New to Jira....
Anyone have a sample CSV file I can use to import into my Jira project. Looking for sample data related to MS Azure and/or O365 issues.
Cheers!!! SFD
Hello @Sheila ForwardDavis
Welcome to the community.
What exactly are you looking for in a "template" file?
Have you reviewed the information available in the articles about importing data from a CSV file?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/
When importing data from a CSV file into Jira the basic steps are:
1. construct the CSV
2. In Jira, open the Import function (available from multiple locations - one for end users and one for administrators with more functionality)
3. Select the file to import
4. Map the columns in the file to fields that exist in the Jira issues
5. Execute the import.
Note there is not a step to review how the imported data would be saved prior to it actually being saved. (I mention that in case you've ever done a CSV import to Azure and saw that option.)
I have done lots of imports from CSV to Jira, and recently have been looking at taking Jira data exports and importing them to ADO, so I know a bit about how the fields in one correlate to fields in the other.
Hi - I think what poster SFD above is looking for is the same as what I am looking for: any file (it could be CSV, or it could be any other format) that can be imported to populate a project with realistic sample data. I've struggled to find within JIRA sample projects (not templates, but projects pre-populated with sample data.) Of course, any user of JIRA with a mature project could export and sanitize that project to a file- and make it publicly available. I'm still looking...wish me luck!
One potentially useful source I discovered is Jumble for JIRA . With a few button clicks it generated a JSON file of non-trivial but manageable size (2.2MB) that could then be imported [as of January 2022, from the Jira Software screen top menu, Projects>Create Project>Import your work (at the very bottom)] This created 5 different projects, each of type "Company-managed software", each with 100s of "Issues".
This is a good start - for me, someone just getting a toehold in this, trying maybe to have a text file I can work with in another tool to make it more bespoke for proof-of-concept demonstrations.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.