Hello,
I'm trying to make a custom field "Reason for Decline" visible only when the Epic is in a specific status (Declined or Declined by Investee). It should be invisible the rest of the time to the user. Is there a way to do this natively in Jira without plug-ins or add-ons?
Many thanks
@Nives Kolaric-Penman Since you are using Jira Cloud, I don't think you have ScriptRunner behaviours feature available in ScriptRunner Cloud add-on.
This is my suggestion that you can do natively in Jira Cloud:
Create your new custom field and add it only to the Transition screens (linked to the transitions that lead to Declined and Declined by Investee statuses in the Epic workflow). Also make that field required on the transition screens (possibly, using a out-of-the-box validator on these transitions)
This way, the field will be captured while declining the Epic and will have a value displayed on the view screen after that. (I am assuming bothe Declined and Declined by Trustee are the last statusus (i.e. 'Done' category statuses) of the Epic workflow and it cannot be reopened after that).
Let me know if that helps!
Hi @Nives Kolaric-Penman
In Jira, I would not say Impossible, since it's Cloud there are not many customizations we could do without plugins.
ScriptRunner Plugin with Behaviour Feature will help you achieve this requirement easily.
Thanks,Pramodh
Hello @Nives Kolaric-Penman
Fields on screens are associated with Issue Types throughout their life cycle. In other words, fields will be visible on Issue Type screens irrespective of their status.
Am afraid this is not available in jira natively.
I would like to suggest that behaviours from Adaptivist Scriptrunner plugin can be helpful for your requirement.
Hey Taranjeet
This is great! I've just tried it and it works for what I wanted to do. The custom field only appears at the resolution state (I've created my own screen as well).
Appreciate your help!
You're welcome, @Nives Kolaric-Penman ! Glad it worked for you.
Hi @Taranjeet Singh and @Nives Kolaric-Penman ,
I know this is an old post. But would mind giving more details on how to do this?Appreciate any screenshot for guidance, please.
Thanks.
Hi @Pramodh M
How did you do it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.