Hi,
I'm JIRA admin, I'm exploring the new JIRA interface.
Where can I find user management section where I add, edit users, create groups....etc.
I'm using the JIRA Software.
Thanks
Hi @amit_bakst
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!
If you are Jira Admin, you can see the Setting cog in the right-hand corner.
Select the User Management option to add users and many more.
If this works for you please hit accept button.
Thanks,
Mayur
Hi @amit_bakst ,
As mentioned by @Mayur Jadhav , you need to be a site admin.
Now seems you are only "jira administrator". You need to be site administrator, then you will get the black options in the cog menu.
Hi @mayur_jadhav
I can’t see the User Management there.A few weeks ago it did appear to me, but today I do not see it.And I do manage to perform admin actions.
Thanks in advance,
Amit
There are two major admin groups in Cloud.
I think for now you are only part of administrators, so you can only access Jira administration. You need to be added to the site admin group also.
Hope this helps!
Thank you,
I'll look into it.
Hi @Ollie Guan
Thank you very much for the help.Can I as Administrator added myself to the site admin group or do I need someone who has access to add me in?
Thank you
But how do I change roles for users on the project level (as a jira admin)? I don't need to be admin of the whole cloud instance just to grant users rights on the project level, right?
Hi @morgler ,The site admin is responsable to grant user permissions in the jira instance (asign licenses and include the users in the proper jira groups).
Once that the user has access to Jira, you as a jira admin (product admin) you can create roles for your proyects, and then the jira project admin (at the project level) can assign users to project roles.
That's the Jira behaviour.
Best regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.