It has been asserted in other threads that I can bulk move epics w/ stories from one project to another (in my case from a team project to a company project). However - this does not work. I have tested it multiple times.
What I start with is Epic A, Story A1 and Epic B, Story B1.
I complete the bulk move fields properly, requesting that epics migrate as epics in the new project.
What I get after the move, in the new project is:
Story A (no longer an Epic and now in the backlog), Story A1, Story B (no longer an Epic and now in the backlog), Story B1 (in the correct status).
In fact I can't move even one Epic over successfully IF I try to move it's child Story at the same time.
If I move ONLY one Epic, with NO child Stories - then the move operation asks me for different fields, one of which forces me to enter the name of the Epic from scratch (and the system uses this new name). This does get me a new Epic in my new Project, but to say that I "moved" it seems disingenuous, since I lost any child stories, and had to rename it. All I really did was make a brand new Epic using the most painful method possible.
Am I missing something?