I am trying to export all issues in my sprint to a CSV. I clicked Export Excel CSV and its downloading as a plain text. How can I fix this?
Hi @[deleted]welcome on the community
CSV is a text file with a simple structure (comma separated values). Did you check the content of the file? Is it the problem? Or the file does not have a *.csv suffix?
HI @[deleted]it sounds like a browser settings or issue. Would you check in other browsers or perhaps in any other system with your credentials?
It is opening as a Text Edit file instead of an Excel file ... I've been exporting to CSV for months and this is the first time it has downloaded to this format... it wont let me open in Excel Any suggestions?
Hi @[deleted] that's an Interesting situation. I'm waiting for an answer and will be in queue.
Thank you!
I just tested it. I have a linux, but I compare it with the previous export I did in May and the file if of the same and correct Mime Type - text/csv.
Can you check detailed properties of the file? I'm not Mac OS user so I can't help you with this.
For me it looks like:
Maybe your OS was updated and it removed default App to open CSV files. Is it possible?
I tried in Chrome and Safari and it's doing the same thing. I just got a new computer and maybe the settings are off?
Definitely possible. I just switched to a MacBook Pro this week... let me try to figure out how to change those settings!
ohhhhh... this was a stupid mistake on my part. My new computer doesn't have excel haha
So sorry to bother everyone! Not a JIRA issue.
Congratulations on your new Mac book Pro And probably with @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ response and mac link, your issue will be resolved.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.