Greetings all,
I'm trying to write a little application to automate a few things with Jira. I'm hoping to test the application by using the Atlassian SDK, but I'm running into a problem with the "create project" step. I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction for a solution.
My local development system is a macOS system. I used `brew tap atlassian/tap && brew install atlassian/tap/atlassian-plugin-sdk` to install the SDK. I am able to log in to the local instance of Jira through my web browser at `http://localhost:2990/jira/` and create a new project through the web UI. The output of `atlas-version` is shown below.
ATLAS Version: 8.2.7
ATLAS Home: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.2.7/libexec
ATLAS Scripts: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.2.7/libexec/bin
ATLAS Maven Home: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.2.7/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4
AMPS Version: 8.1.2
--------
Executing: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.2.7/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4/bin/mvn --version -gs /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.2.7/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xml
Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-17T14:33:14-04:00)
Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.2.7/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4
Java version: 11.0.11, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK, runtime: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-11.jdk/Contents/Home
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "11.4", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
I am trying to create a new project through the Python jira library. I'm seemingly able to authenticate against the server, and then I try to run the `create_project` command.
from jira import JIRA
jira = JIRA(
'http://localhost:2990/jira',
basic_auth=('admin', 'admin'),
logging=False,
validate=True,
max_retries=5
)
jira.create_project(
key='PRJ0',
name='Project 0'
)
and I get the following error.
"The project template specified does not exist. Make sure the project template is available in your Jira instance. Please talk to your Jira administrator if you need more help."
The URL being used by the Python library is http://localhost:2990/jira/rest/api/2/project, and the payload is the following.
{
"name": "Project 0",
"key": "PRJ0",
"projectTypeKey": "software",
"projectTemplateKey": "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-basic",
"lead": "admin",
"assigneeType": "PROJECT_LEAD",
"description": "",
"permissionScheme": 0,
"notificationScheme": 10000,
"url": ""
}