Hi
We are a small in-house IT staff team. We are thinking about using Insight for better control of our IT hardware like computers and such. I recently tried Insight in Jira, but there is a potential pitfall I am worried about.
If everyone in the team can register new assets (objects) in Insight, there is a chance that someone eventually will enter something wrong in the attributes, like a typo for example. Since a lot of the attributes are text fields.
We would like to avoid using spreadsheets because someone will eventually enter something wrong, and the whole data quality is unreliable.
Since I am not that familiar with Jira, can someone please advise how to go about this?
Usually, in a CMDB you would be able to add products beforehand. After that, you can assign CI's or add objects to the CMDB. But since Atlassian Insight boasts about not being a classic CMDB I am curious about how they intend us to do this.
How do we maintain data quality in Insight and avoid typos and errors in text fields?