I initially setup a service desk project in Jira to track user feedback and bugs on a new software project but now have a need to use sprints and basic roadmaps for ongoing development. (We were using Azure Dev-Ops to manage sprints previously )
Jira Service Desk projects don't have sprints / roadmaps and it appears that I also can't add non Jira Service Desk users to the project to transition issues through workflows.
My alternative seems to be to set up a separate Jira Agile project for development and trying to link them with automation rules. My issue here is the limits on the number of automations I can run in a month on a free or standard plan (we are only currently only 1 developer + 3 project contributors) making it difficult to keep transitions in sync between projects.
The other option I am thinking is to set up a Jira Project and trying to add Service Desk request types and users to it so instead of trying to Jira Agile capabilities to Jira Service Desk project, I am thinking of doing the reverse and adding Jira Service Desk capabilities to a Jira Agile Project.
Before I spend a lot of time trying to achieve this I thought I would ask first if this was possible or not recommended. I can try to align my existing Jira Software and Jira Service desk projects but do not want them to become out of sync so I need to add numerous automations to ensure that linked issues between projects are transitioned appropriately.
Any advice / thoughts ?