Once I create the backlog and set a due date, I want to create automatic alerts that are generated when the task is nearing or missing a deadline. How do I do this?
Hi @Rajesh Balakrishnan , welcome to the Community!
You can achieve this in an automation rule. Your trigger could be scheduled, set to run every morning at a particular time, and within the JQL of the trigger you could filter out the tasks based on their due date.
E.g. the JQL of duedate < startofday() AND resolution = unresolved would find all of the open issues which have a due date before the current day, or a JQL of duedate > startofday() AND duedate <= startofday("+3d") would find all issues with a due date within 3 days from now.
You could then use the Email/Slack/MS Teams actions to send notifications to someone/a user in a particular field to send a notification that the task is overdue.
Hope this helps!
Thanks so much
No worries!
Just one thing, though. Where do I write this JQL query? I tried going in to 'Filters' and using this string but that does not work.
Hi @Rajesh Balakrishnan
To avoid team delays also, you can consider setting an SLA timer for your Jira issues. For example, one of such tools which can help you at this is SLA Time and Report (created by my SaaSJet team). It allows configuring timelines with automated actions to the list of issues you need. Also, it can connect SLA conditions to the due date and other issue fields (assignee, priority, status, label, etc.)
Regards
Thank you for this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.