I have a number of mail handlers for creating new issues from email. I'd like to be able to select only issues created by email in a JQL statement for a webhook that I'm configuring. Is this possible? In other words: is there a JQL field that indicates if an issue has been created through a mail handler?
It is not possible to get this data from a JQL. You could choose to create a separate user designated for issue creation through mail. If you configure this user to be the default reporter for your mail handlers, you can run a JQL on that reporter to get the information you are looking for.Cheers
This seems to only work if the person sending the email isn't a user within the Jira project. Is there a way to do the same type of thing to catch this use case as well?
Default ReporterSpecifies the username of a default reporter, which will be used if the email address in the From: field of any received messages does not match the address associated with that of an existing Jira user
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.