Hi,I have set up a rule to auto recreate a task and sub task within the parent task, I would like the sub task status to transition to planned in line with the Parent task how do I do this please ? I am using Team Managed next gen.
Hi @darren.johnson
I believe you do this with the same technique of branching on created issues, but alter your rule to guarantee the sub-task(s) are created first by changing the first branch. For example:
Kind regards,Bill
@Bill Sheboy you cracked it Thank You, it was the hyphen in Subtask that was causing the issue.
Followed those steps and afraid it does not work, it falls over on the JQL step, is there another way of doing this without using the JQL step ?
Darren, when you note it falls over on the JQL step, what do you observe happening and what do you see in the audit log? Thanks!
Sorry; my bad...it appears to be a bit more complicated as I just discovered...
{{createdIssue}} and {{createdIssues}} do not appear to return sub-tasks created in a rule!
So here is the work-around for this which I tested and believe works as you asked:
Awesome! I am glad to learn you got it to work.
__Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.