We are a small organization in which all employees have default access to all boards in Jira (default permission scheme). I am looking to create an HR recruiting board that should only be viewable by 2 people. How best do I set this up without impacting everyone's access to the other boards?
Hi @Jacquelin Tripp
I'd suggest creating a separate project that only certain people have access to. This would allow you to separate projects from HR data and set correct permissions for access.
Hope this helps.
Jacob
@Jacob Vu Would that involve creating a team managed project? Would I then tailor permissions from there?
I'd create a company-managed project so you can restrict who has access via groups or through the project.
You want to manage it from a company level perspective and not allow users to determine who's able to view this information as I imagine there's personal information and sensitive information.
Hope that helps.
When you create your project you have options who to give access. Since I can’t see your configuration, you grant permissions through roles. It sounds like your projects are configured to everyone, like jira-software-users. Just permit the specific users individually.
I am unsure if there is a support page for this, but I am concerned that if I create a group I may accidentally reduced someone's access.For example, we have recruiting consultant who have their own group. Have restrictive access to confluence. I also have an HR director to oversee the boards. I don't want to add her to the consultants group for fear it will reduce her access in confluence.
Am I misunderstanding how groups work?
Also, if I create a new group I need to restrict the consultant, but allow the director full access and then restrict the rest of the organization from access the board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.