I'm trying to create a sandbox in Jira Cloud, however, the Create Sandbox button is missing from the page.
Is there some additional step that I need to take or permissions I need to have to activate this feature?
Hi Teale - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
To create a Sandbox, you must have a Premium subscription for Jira.
If you'd like to learn more about sandboxes you can look here https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/
Hi John,
Thanks so much! I did read that, however, didn't realize that was the key. Based on what I just read though it appears that Premium doubles the cost of the license. We're a small organization so is there a work around that you recommend? I have considered using a personal account that I created but using the sandbox in the existing instance seems so much easier. Is there someone we can speak to about this?
Please let me know your thoughts.
@Dirk Ronsmans - Thank you for the link to additional information.
Best -
Teale
Hey Teale,
Yes, Premium is expensive - but there are a lot of other benefits to it besides the sandbox.
Having said that, I don't even use the sandbox. There are very few things that I really need to test out in a sandbox first. Then I have to do double work to get it moved over. I test things in small ways like with a single test project or single issues for what I am changing over.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.