The following support document for inviting users mentions a section for selecting a Role for the user to be invited.
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/invite-a-user/#Inviteauser-improved
I am the org admin for the new account I created.
However, I cannot see that Role selection dropdown.
What could be the possible reason? Did I miss any step during account creation?
Or misconfigured anything?
Hi Gourav - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Are you also a site administrator? Can you share a screenshot of what you see for the invite?
Hi @John Funk
I opened the account a few days back. Trying to add my team.
Yes, I am part of the site-admins group by default.
Here is the screen I get when I try to invite people. You can notice that the Role field is missing.
I don't know why that doesn't show up there, but you can accomplish the same thing by the groups you place the user in.
They have also done the same thing by fleshing out the product presentation.
User in that case is the Basic Role.
I don't know what the other values are in the dropdowns, but I suspect they correlated to the Trusted and Site administrator roles.
Okay @John Funk
The options in the Group dropdown are
I assigned a group - administrator to a person from our vendor organization. However, he is not getting rights. For example, he cannot invite more people from his team.
I will explore the group option in detail and mark this thread closed in a couple of days after selecting your answer as accepted.
He will need site-admins permission to be able to invite other people.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.