I have users that go by their nicknames (Rob or Bob instead of Robert) instead of their user names. Is there a way to use nicknames in the assignee field for tasks?
Any help is appreciated.
Keith
The name in the assignee field will equate to the name that is set in the user account. So if you want Rob change the user name.
Hi Keith,
They can change their display name under their profile, but not their username.
I thought the assignee field goes off the username.
Thanks Jack, that's what I thought I would need to do.
Actually, it is really connect to the account ID for the person. But you typically see the first and last name of the user like their normal name, like John Funk. The username in that case is really john.funk, but you see their Display name instead.
Is that not what you see?
No, I am talking about if a person has an account with the name Margaret Smith, but they go by the name Peggy. How would they see Peggy Smith?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.