The issue has a Request Type properly set and an Organization. The reporter is inside the organization however other customers cannot see the issue when they filter for "Open Requests". Status and Resolution are both "Open". Images below that show the issue:
Hi,
It's a well-known bug in Jira Service Management. This criterion "Closed requests" is based on the Resolution field, not the status category. This is why you see tickets in OPEN status filtered as Closed requests.
Best regards,
Kate
Hi Kate,
Many thanks for your reply. I did find that during my search, however I double checked the Resolution for this request and it is also "Open". Not sure that can be seen in the images but it's there.
Kind Regards,
Luis
@Katarzyna , I don’t see this as a bug but rather the way the product is designed to work. While I haven’t checked I don’t expect that there is a open bug to change this behavior.
Ok, so it's a weird behaviour which confused customers.
@Luis Freitas you can vote on the following issues:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3254
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1327
The Resolution field is not empty (=Open), so this is why you see this request under Closed Requests.
Strictly speaking, it's not a "bug" - it's working as intended. I'd prefer to call it a design flaw - although Jira is working as intended, I don't think it should work this way.
Jira considers the resolution field empty as being "unresolved" (and it displays "unresolved" when the field is empty) and any value in it as "resolved", and that's what is behind the "open" filter - open issues are being selected by "resolution is empty"
It sounds like you have set a resolution on the "missing" issue, so you've told Jira it is resolved, and hence not to appear on the list of "open" issues.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.