A rule I created automatically assigns me as the Actor which causes same issues like Epics assigned to other people are getting transferred to me when the rule runs. Is there a way to leave whoever is the current assignee so on whoever Epic my rule runs it doesn't modify the assignee? The rule basically just marks an Epic as In Progress as only one of underlying Sub-Tasks get marked as In Progress. I would think this should be default behavior but it isn't hence the rule. Similarly I plan to add a rule to mark Epics done as only all Sub-Tasks get done which again will cause me being assigned as Assignee which I'd like to avoid.
Hello @yaro137
Have you checked your automation rule, this is not default behavior, the rule runs in your name but it won't make you an assigne, only if you edited your rule to do so. If the rule is not the blame check your workflow post functions.
BR, Olga
Hi @yaro137 - What type of project is this? What is the trigger that causes the automation to fire?
It's all mentioned in description. The rule basically just marks an Epic as In Progress as only one of underlying Sub-Tasks get marked as In Progress.
It doesn't look default in my case. I stopped the rule and I see lots of Epics with To Do status yet their subtasks are In Progress or even all Done. I have no action set to change the assignee in my rule so the only explanation can be that it uses the Actor account to make the modification and so it changes the assignment. I see this happen every time the rule succeeds running transition step. So first under for Parent it checks if some Sub-tasks status match In progress or done and issue status does not equal In Progress then it transitions the issue to In Progress. Perhaps what I need can be done in workflow as you mentioned but if so I have not a clue how.
Nowhere in the description does it say what the project type is. If it is JSM, there are built-in automations that might be firing that you are not even aware of. This is separate from Automation for Jira rules. So you probably need to check that automation.
Don't know how to establish that. Only field of Type value I can find related to the project says Business. Only other option is Software so this would seem to be Business type project.
Like John said it must be some post-function or other automation triggering this.
Also, I see you "complicated" the automation a bit, this one should perform faster.
Thanks for the above. I'll try setting this up as a separate rule and disable mine as another test to see if Assignee still gets modified.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.