Currently the created date of an issue is at the right bottom corner. We would like it on the left top side. Is this possible?
Hi @Marieke Cozijnsen
If you are referring to this created date
then the answer is unfortunately no. You can't change its position. As a workaround what you can do is:
Now this field will always be on top. Keep in mind that users are eligible to pin their fields on the top of the issue.
You can order the fields in the corresponding screen. Maybe you can have some help in the following links:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-938847220.html
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view/
@Jose Luis Gaitan unfortunately i cannot find the created date to change position, the one that @Alex Koxaras -Relational- points out
@Alex Koxaras -Relational- can this custom field then always automatically be filled with the information from the created date? or would you then need to fill it manually
Aahh.. My bad. I forgot to place the important bullets. Let me edit my proposal
Yes, and...to what Alex notes:
Here is a suggestion to make the position of those date fields configurable/pinned, and you may watch/vote for it to see progress: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70098
Kind regards,Bill
Can this please be made into a feature request? Among the very first and most importan things I want to see when I view an issue are the created date and update date. The new issue view tour celebrates pinning the fields as one of only 4 major points it tells us about:
Sadly though, I do now have to scroll through a long list of fields (which I didn't in the old view) to find those that are among the most important to me on every issue!
In the old view, the key dates are right there when you view the issue:
In the new view, we have to scroll through a long list of fields to see them:
And they are different from the other fields so we can't pin them to the top.
Hi @Peter Arnold
Please see the suggestion I noted in response to the original question: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70098
You could add more details to that one, such as pinning the fields, or create a new suggestion specifically for that idea.
Hey @[deleted]thanks for that--I would love to do as you suggest, but when I view the linked suggestion, it is not enabled for me. I want to upvote it, and I want to add a link back here, but upvote is disabled (unresponsive/inactive) and there is no way to add a comment. If you're able to add a link back here, I'd appreciate it. Regards, Peter
Never mind, it thought I was not logged on on that tab.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.