Hi All,
Based on cascading select custom field value linked issue parent value must be present.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Welcome to the community!
I'm sorry, but I cannot see what you are looking for here. Could you explain what you are trying to achieve and what is not working?
Hello @Sai Krishna Yadav Challendula
Welcome to the community!!
As per the details shared, I understand that a custom filed in the parent issue must be set based on the values of the cascaded select list on the child issue.
This can be achieved through the use of Automation. I have tried it using the value of both lists. Please share further details of the use case enabling me to guide you with precise details.
Kindly accept the answer if this helps resolve the query.
I am sorry, but shouting the same unclear statement at us does not explain what you are looking for or where you are stuck.
Could you explain what you are trying to achieve? Something like "I have a cascading select list field with some options set up. I would like it to do X when Y happens" would be useful.
I have CF called cascading type when i select value from first tier(parent value) second cf linked issue should be required field with parent value. This should work in JIRA cloud. I have ScriptRunner plugin.
Thanks for your efforts.
Ah, ok.
The cascading select field does not have a way to make the second half of the field mandatory.
I have not tried to write a Cloud script to validate the second half of a cascading select, and there isn't anything in the library, so I do not know if that is possible.
Hi @Gaurav
Can you please guide me on Automation how it is feasible.
Thanks,
Sai
Please find below the snapshot of a sample rule which I have set up using the cascaded list. This can be customised as per your business use case.
Please share detailed use cases and questions, enabling me to guide you with precise details.
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , @Gaurav ,
My query is i have cascading field when i select some value from cascading field the other field linked issue should be required based on value. This is in JIRA cloud. Any plugins suggestion.
The field can not be set as required using the Automation rule but you can set a default value for such fields.
Let me know if you need any guidance for that.
Hi @Gaurav ,
I need to make required field linked issue field based Cascading field. is that feasible?
Please guide.
If the use case is to make the 'Linked Issue Field' as required based on the selection of values for the cascaded field, I would suggest exploring the plugins.
I am not aware of any which might help in this scenario.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.