I am creating a new project space (w/ meeting notes pages) based on brainstorming and planning captured in another space. I am using copy and paste to move portions of meeting notes from the old space into my new space/meeting notes page. Once I have chunk of notes in the new Page, confluence won't allow me to add any action items within that text. If I add Action Item via the checkbox icon, it goes to the bottom of the page on a new line. Keyboard shortcuts don't work either. Even if I create a new line within the pasted text and start typing @User Item //date, it will insert the user and date but it doesn't log it as an actual action item.
This is a huge hassle as I would like to use the structure from my old meetings to create multiple tasks lists. Typing them from scratch will be a major undertaking and other posts on here tell me that I can't create the action items in the source doc and just copy and paste them with the text either. Help please!