I added a category and status to my board a couple of years ago and subsequently deleted it. I now want to add another.and can't figure out how to do it. Has something changed?
On the manage board page, I can add a category/column. When I do, I get a warning flag saying I need to add a status to it. There are no unassigned statuses in the view and can't complete the add without assigning one.
I have selected Issues and then Statuses to add additional statuses. There, I'm forced to assign it to the category, IIFC, Open, In Progress, or Done. Since I have other categories on the board this may be reuse of the term category to mean something else. I've also added a category to the project. It seems to be unrealated to the board so maybe a third use of category.
It's a kanban project using the classic workflow. I add the statuses to the workflow as well.
I have a free account if that is a limiting factor.