hey guys is there a way to create a ticket directly from Excel Google sheet
You can save the spreadsheet as CSV and import. This article should assist - create-issues-using-the-csv-importer
Hi @Shrouk Amer Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Similar question has been answered before. Kindly check post :-
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Importing-Google-Sheet-Tickets-into-JIRA/qaq-p/1230575
You need to install plugin then only you will be able to create issue from google sheet otherwise you need to create csv file and import csv.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216313/google-sheets-integration?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
Thanks
V.Y
Hi @Shrouk Amer
If you want an integrated solution then you will have to write a Google App Script where you will have to call Jira REST API. You can also use Zapier, which I also used in the past or AutoBlocks.
Some examples that might help you.
This post has a good script.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Create-a-Jira-Issue-from-Google-Sheet/qaq-p/813161
I found this wonderful example.
https://www.thedataplumber.net/using-google-forms-and-scripts-to-create-a-jira-issue/
If you don't mind writing scripts yourself then doing it yourself using Google App Scripts would be my recommendation. It is lot of fun.
I hope it helps.
Ravi
Can you tell me if I'm missing something? We have the pro version of Zapier at my company, and when I try to set up a zap so that when a new row is added in Google sheets, and while I'm able to add a request in JSM, no information comes over from the row in Google Sheets?
I know this isn't JSMs fault, but if I'm understanding correctly, I feel like for most people that falls short of what they're hoping to get out of an integration like this. I've seen Zapier recommended a few times and it doesn't even seem like it's worth sending someone down as an option because of how limited the functionality is, again, unless I'm missing something.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.