Is this simply one in the long list of UI fails in JIRA?
Not really, just another nice-to-have that's not high on the list of things to implement in software that's not intended to be a spreadsheet.
Sorry, I'm quite cynical about the way you have phrased this question. I do think it would be very very useful (let alone just "convenient" - it absolutely would be that) to be able to get a grid view of a pile of issues and be able to directly update the fields within them.
Putting my Atlassian-fanboy and pragmatic hats back on, there are a couple of things I want to mention:
Hi Lee,
I would suggest you use a Jira Work Management project then - the List view allows for inline editing.
Thanks, Nic. I guess is was kind of snarkily phrased. I wasn't sure how to look this up in the to-do log.
Ha! I noticed that even the image on the front of
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/work-management
Features inline editing? I'm curious, considering the similarities and common code base, why one product got the inline editing feature and the other did not?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.