It's working fine
May I know the exact issue @leewarren
1) Start in Backlog view
2) Attempt to manually move an issue up or down; this message appears "Ranking is disabled, as the Filter Query for this board is not ordered by ascending Rank. Please check your filter configuration."
3) Click the hyperlink
4) Select Quick Filters
5) Select Backlog; system shows progress bar but does not proceed. Another link must be selected to get out of this.
There's nothing broken here in the process or software, just the configuration.
You have a board filter that is not suitable for the board. Your process of fixing this starts perfectly but goes wrong on step 4. Try this instead:
A few issues:
1) My JQL was "ORDER BY rank ASC"
2) Why should Quick Filter not work? Because the Backlog certainly permits me to select Quick Filters.
2) Why should the system not want to return me to the Backlog if I do something slightly different, like edit Quick Filters? This seems like apology for JIRA having an awful UI.
What I meant by "return to the backlog" is that the system DOES NOT just go where I tell it to. In the chart at top I clearly show a course of action that the system does not let me take.
And the Board lets me select Quick Filters. It's not the users fault that despite it saying I can select various quick filters, it's actually untrue. This reminds me of how the engineers botched Three Mile Island because they weren't getting real feedback from the control panel.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.