When I first saw the "new" issue view, I honestly could not believe how much info was jumbled together on one page.
I know things sometimes just need getting used to, and I tried, but it just isn't an effective view for me. I need information presented in a meaningful structure, that I can drill in and out of to focus on this or that detail, but this view just throws everything in your face at once.
Judging by all the posts, the new issue view seems to have a lot of problems and I hope Atlassian you will now reconsider imposing it on us. I feel it is a serious productivity blocker for people who don't work well with a mass of info all on one page.
The old "Edit" view is somewhat quirky but it at least allows us to have a "main" page and a "detail" page we can switch to when needed. Perhaps a tabbed view would be a better solution than throwing everything together on one page?
I feel it needs more analysis to come up with a really good UI and I hope Atlassian you will stop and rethink this now, and not take the old view away until a better solution is found.