Hi community !!
So I tried to create a simple automation rule, manually triggered, that would take a sub-task and change its issue type to a task.
I've seen the warning and both issue types have the same workflow.
Initial setting:
- Epic1
- Task1
- Subtask1
After my automation
- Epic1
- Task1
- Task2
Yes, you read correctly... the task type changed but the parent-subtask liaison stayed... I have an issue showing as a Task but considered by Jira as a sub-task of the original Task...
Following this, if I try to change the Task2, the only option I have is "convert to subtask" but using it gives me the error "task2 is already a subtask"
Anyone ever see this behavior ? Is this registered somewhere ? (before I open a new bug)...
This is really annoying... we have a few hundred subtasks we wanted to convert ... (and I did not want to use a bulk update as we want to apply the epic, sprint, and other fields to the newly converted task...)
Any hint, help, experience is welcome !
Thanks !