Is it possible to have tasks automatically created when creating an epic and a special field value?
Tasks should be created based on the value of the field "Medium" and each stored medium requires its own tasks
Hi @Lina
Yes it is possible with jira automation. Example:
Trigger: issue created
Condition: jql condition: issuetype = epic and priority = medium
Action: create issues and edit the epic link to the newly created ticket so that they are linked.
Examples: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/
Regards
I guess I expressed myself wrong. I didn't mean the medium priority, I meant some type of media. So a selection within an epic.
Hi @Lina -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Yes, and...to what @Fabian Lim suggests:
If you have a known number of tasks to create, you could include each one in the rule. If instead the number of tasks to create is dynamic (e.g. zero to many) based upon your Media field, you could try to use Advanced Branching and list functions in a rule to iterate through them. Please look here for documentation on that approach: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Branching-over-smart-values-in-Jira-Automation/ba-p/1741935
You do not note if the Media field is a multiple-select option field or text with delimiters...let's assume it is text separated by commas. The resulting rule would look something like this:
Kind regards,Bill
@Lina
I just put that as an example, you put whatever customfield you need in the JQL.
Hi @Fabian Lim @Bill Sheboy
If one of the questions is answered with Yes and “Done” (the window's button) is clicked, then I need:
2 new tasks (issue type= Task) should be automatically created and attached to this origin Story (ticket)
Tasks name should be the lifter name
The question text (e.g "Is it A?") that was answered Yes, should be in the description or any other field in the task
One of the tasks should be set with the label (Label field) “Security” assigned to a specific user.
The second task should be set with the label (Label field) “Privacy” assigned other specific user
Due to the fact we are using A4J on the lite version should it work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.