When creating a new project, I am only seeing 3 types now. I don't see Software Development and few others that I had last week. I don't remember changing any settings. Any ideas how I can enable them?
Jira Project Types.PNG
Sounds like you have turned off "JIRA Agile" - that provides two development type projects (and I think Atlassian removed one other template from the core of plain JIRA with the latest update).
Do you have "JIRA" or "JIRA for development (JIRA + Agile)"?
Since this is hosted in the cloud, you may want to ask the System Admins for your project configs.
I am the one who setup the account last week as a trial. I played in there creating few test projects and everything seemed good. I went in today added credit card information and went to setup my projects and noticed several templates missing so I can't setup my projects. Opened a support ticket with Atlassian earlier today but thought I would ask here and see if there is something simple I am missing. One thing that's changed since I played with test projects was I added Tempo add-on.
Unless it automatically turned off when I switched from trial to paid, I didn't turn it off manually. Maybe it has to do with the update. I believe I have Jira. Do you know if Jira for development is 2 products (Jira and Jira Agile) as far as license?
That would make sense - if you trialled "Jira for Development" and only went with "Jira", then the Agile stuff will have vanished, including the project types. You can always add Agile back if you need to be using Jira-for-development - it does cost more of course.
I may have to do that. Thanks!
I also have missing project types. I just installed JIRA 7.0.5 and I don't have "Simple Issue Tracking" as a project type.
The project types all changed in 7, to be aligned with the intended purposes of the three main applications. The three shown here are no longer in Core, but have been replaced by three more business appropriate ones, and "default schemes" have now gone, but you do have the option to "use shared config". Finally! Been asking for that since the stupid "new scheme for everything" started creeping in.
Thanks. I don't know if I need mark this as "question answered", but it is. Cheers
Where do I find the above referenced "use shared config" so that I can get Jira Software working on my Jira Data Center on AWS EC2? Then we can close this as answered?
It's at the bottom of the template selection window.
And where is the "template selection" window, are you talking about EC2, or CloudFormation, or other place?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.