I have steps in my workflow where only artists should handle these tickets. To make sure nothing gets lost, i was a restriction to only be able to change assignee to someone within the custom project role Art I have.
Is this possible?
Greetings!
If I understand correctly, you wish to restrict those who can change the assignee for an issue.
For the project in question, review the permission scheme and specifically look for:
Assignable User
Only users or groups with this permission, will be allowed to assign issues.
Please note: the permission scheme will need to be assocaited with a project.
I hope this response allows you to proceed.
Cheers,Jason | Atlassian
Not who can add an assignee.
Lets say I want to send a ticket to Art.
In the workflow, i want to add a restriction saying that the assignee i add, on this ticket i am sending to art, is in the custom project role Art.
Thank you for the clarification. In this case, it sounds like a post function will work:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Usingapostfunctiontosetafield
Also, we had a previous post that seems to pertain to your workflow question. I included that link as a reference if interested:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/59932/is-it-possible-to-automatically-assign-all-issues-which-move-from-in-progress-to-testing-to-a-user
I hope this information was helpful and relevant.
I don't see anything related to Project Roles on changing the assignee. Only Unassigned, Automatic, or a user.
Hello!
Thank you for the response. From my experience, the criteria for setting the current assignee would be via the Permission scheme as well as if you leverage a notification scheme. You can copy the default permission scheme, make adjustments to the current assignee (add user or group), then associate it with the project.
I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Jason | Atlassian
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.