I feel really silly asking such a basic question, but I was trying to improve our Confluence page when it comes to referenced header and footer images in the Space Tools > Look and Feel > Sidebar, header and footer areas.
As it stands, I was able to include an image file that scales when you zoom in or out by using the simplest form;
!image1.png|height=100%,width=100%!
However, with this setup, whenever I create a new page, I must add these files to the new page or else I get an error message that the image doesn't exist.
So, I thought I read that I could refer to an image on a specific page within the same site key using:
!PageName^image1.png|height=100%,width=100%!
However this doesn't seem to be working.
The name of the top level page I would like to use is called "Welcome Screen" which shows in the URL as Welcome+Screen. So, my first inclination was to try using either single or double quotes around the name... but that didn't work.
I also tried Welcome+Screen as it appears in the URL... no luck there.
I am sure this is just a very basic Syntax problem, but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
All I want to do is have the image files loaded in one place (figuring the top level of the site makes the most sense) and then have all of the header and footer images pointed to that one location so that I don't need to add an image file on every new page that I create.
Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? What is the proper syntax? Or if there is a better way to achieve the same end goal, I'm all ears!