I have a group in confluence that I would like to be able to add attachments to pages but can not see pages unless they are published. Is this possible?
Hi @Justin Christopherson
Look at this posts, maybe can help you
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/permissions-and-restrictions-139557.html
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/
Cheers
Thanks for the reply
I did read through these prior to posting here but maybe I am still missing the appropriate section. I just noticed that when I revoke the permission to create pages in the space, the person can no longer see the page status at the top.
I have attached a group to the space that will receive limited permission but I need them to either be able to see the page status or not see the page at all until it is published
Hi @Justin Christopherson when you say page status, are you using any plugin /third party app to tag the page status of your confluence pages ?
Hello Kishan,
I am using Comala Document management (Technical Documentation Workflow)
@Justin Christopherson sounds like an interesting use case you have. Comala Document Management Cloud shows the byline (page state) to anyone who has permissions to edit pages in the Space. In cases like yours, where you want more separation between draft and published content, we typically recommend another of our apps, Comala Publishing. That way your draft and published content is kept in different spaces, and you can tweak permissions as necessary. Hopefully this helps, but certainly happy to help if you have questions about Publishing.
Hi Mike,
Ok I will look into Comala Publishing, but is there any work around to the 30Mb attachment limit?
Hello @Justin Christopherson
I have checked with our developers. Please check the settings at https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-attachment-size/
You can reach out to our Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com if you experience any issues with publishing attachments.
Kind regards
JamesSenior Product Manager
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.