I need the query to list stories that have status of "To Do" and "Backlog"
Hi @Jacqueline Newton welcome on the community. It should be
Hi Jacqueline,
Welcome to the community! To be clear issues in Jira have only a single status unless of course you’ve created some sort of custom status field. However I’m sure that’s not the case here. What I expect you’re trying to find his issues that are in the to do status that happen to be in the background of some project board. Most of the time your To Do status defines your backlog but not always. Can you help me better understand your goal here so that I might be able to give you a meaningful answer?
Yes that is correct, there is a smart filter created already that is - status = "To Do", I want to change the query to add "Backlog" also.
Then you likely want what Martin has illustrated in his response.
I get error message - Operator '=' does not support the list value '("To Do", "Backlog")' for field 'status'
My confusion was in the “and” in the sentence …have status of "To Do" and "Backlog". What you are really looking for is …have status of "To Do" or "Backlog"
You should be using “in” as Martin illustrates.
I don't think you are using what Martin typed then, you've removed something. The = in Martin's query is comparing ossuetype to story, but your error message says you've used = against a list.
Try using exactly what Martin gave.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.