Hello,
I am trying to make some edits via Jira automations by parsing text from the Description Field. Please see the raw output from the form that is generated in the Description Field of the Jira Ticket below.
* External Email - Caution *
A Softphone Request form was submitted with the following details: <<<START REQUEST>>>”ABC ID #: 555555, Username: CH555555, Person to Notify: firstname.lastname@subdomain.domain.edu, Phone Extension: +1 (555) 123-5515, Department Name: DEPT - Department Name, Primary Desk Location: 1234 - TEST, Asset Tag Number: LAPW10G12345, Existing Call Center Agent: No, Agent Extension: <<<END REQUEST>>>
ID: [some ID] | [1]Unsubscribe
Powered by Smartsheet Inc. | [2]Privacy Policy | [3]Report Abuse/Spam‑‒‒‒——–‑‒‑——‒–‒‑‐‐‐‒
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1] [some URL link]
[2] [some URL link]
[3] [some URL link]
I am trying to fulfill the following actions via project automations.
- Remove all text before <<<START REQUEST>>> and after <<<END REQUEST>>> from the Description Field.
- Set the Reporter to the email specified after "Person to Notify:" and before the next ","
- Replace all ","'s with line breaks
I'm not sure how difficult this is considering I don't have a lot of experience with Jira JQuery's. If anyone can help me write the queries or point me in the direction of good training material or tutorial videos I would be very appreciative.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Have a great day.
-RP