Currently running:
Jira v8.5.2
Confluence 7.1.2
FishEye and Crucible 4.5.3
Bitbucket v5.10.0
Bamboo v 5.15.5
Upgrading to:
JIRA: 8.18.2
Confluence: 7.12.5
FeCru: 4.8.7
Bitbucket: 7.15.1
Bamboo: 7.2.5
All of these server-based applications are hosted on individual respective servers.
All of these applications use PostGreSQL 9.4 databases hosted in one PostGreSQL instance located on the JIRA application server. Which performs great so far.
Yes, I know server-based apps are going away. Yes, we have a plan for migration next year. These applications have to be upgraded now to support OAuth 2.0 for our connection to O365.
Since I must upgrade to PostgreSQL 10 for JIRA 8.18, they are all getting upgraded.
My first concern is when I upgrade the database for JIRA, that will break the connection back to the older applications. Will I run into issues when I run the installer for the upgrades of the other applications?
Any tips on how to make this go a little smoother?