I have a Team doing Technical work, and a separate Team doing Testing. I have put a workflow together where the last column of the Technical Kanban share the status with the first column on the Testing Board. Simple example below:
Technical Kanban -----------------------------> Testing Kanban
To Do > In Progress > Test Ready | Test Ready > Testing > Done
When the Technical Team moves the Task to Test Ready, the Testing Team will see it on their Board. When they are Ready to work the Task, they move it to a Testing Status.
This approach works very well from a flow perspective for these two Teams.
However, the configuration does seem to have it's challenges when trying to run a Control Chart or Cumulative Flow report from the Technical Board.
I've look at a few options and gadgets, but nothing is jumping out at me as a clear solution, hence this post.
Thoughts?