Hi there... What I'm trying to do is view certain info about a subtask and its parent in just one view. Ideally, I'd also be able to filter this view by ticket statuses. My biggest problem with Jira search filtering is that when you choose columns to display, it doesn't seem like you can dynamically be like, "show me this value from the parent ticket," you just pick general ticket fields and it'll display values based on the exact tasks or subtasks returned.
To put it simply, the parent tickets have important date info, but the subtasks tell me who is working on the action items. I'm interested in viewing the work of those subtask owners, but being able to quickly skim through the parent dates while I do, so I can determine who has upcoming action items to complete.
I was thinking of doing the following:
- Dynamically pull parent ticket data into subtasks - maybe using smart values to populate custom subtask fields?
- Creating a simple search filter view, and adding a column for the new custom fields.
Is it even possible to use smart values that way? What else can I do if not...