So our Service Desk project has been configured to auto-close tickets after a set number of days if the user has not responded to requests for more information. However, it has recently come to attention that our JQL logic is flawed, as we use the "updatedDate" operator, which is actually too broad of a scope, as we do not want the timer on issues to reset any time a Service Desk Agent updates the issue. I.e we are basically looking for an operator like "reporterLastCommentedDate". We have many more automation rules that run on tickets to remind the Reporter to provide us with more info, but they all follow the same core logic as our Close Ticket rule (below):
status = "More Information Needed" AND updatedDate < -14d AND reporter != {{issue.comments.last.author.name}} AND resolution = Unresolved
(Also I just added the JQL "AND reporter != {{issue.comments.last.author.name}}" which I found in another thread on here, as we do not want to close issues which were last commented on by the user in case they slipped through the cracks on our end. However the "validate query" option becomes greyed out when adding the fourth bracket so I can't tell if that syntax will work - can someone let me know if there are any issues with that?
