Hi everyone !
I'm kind of loosing my mind over something that is greatly basic, so I come here to get your insight for this topic. Here is what is going on :
In order to produce a document for my work I need to know what was the amount of jira unresolved at certain dates.
Quite basic right ?
I went for the following JQL : Project = MyProject AND resolution was in (unresolved, empty) before XXXX-XX-XX
In order to verify that my JQL was right I did a test by comparing the amount of jira that this JQL find when puttin todays date in it, to another jql that simply display the JIRA of today.
So my JQL test sample for today's issues is simply : Project = MyProject AND resolution = unresolved >>> This find 166 jiras.
The JQL I tested is : Project = MyProject AND resolution was in (unresolved, empty) before 2021-08-31 (taking into account that when I wrote this message we are the 30:08) >>> This find 33 jiras.

So here I am fellow Jira gang members. Asking for your advice on that.
i'm sure it's quite basic but I can't find the solution myself -_-'.
Thank you for your help !