Which Role can adjust an issue type within the project, so eg from Bug to Userstory or from Userstory to Bug. I can't find this in the permissions or does it have to do with who created the issue.
This would be a Jira admin in most cases but in TMP Project admin.
It is permission based, so it might be down to a role. Check what the permission scheme for the project says about who has the permission to "move" and "edit" issues.
You can perform a simple edit on the issue type IF the source and target issue types are configured identically. If they are not, then you have to use the "move" option to do it, as it will take the person doing the move through a migration check, making sure all the data is fits with the new config.
Oh…I misread the question it appears. I thought change was referring to editing the issue type config. It appears we are talking about a “move” operation. 😖
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.