How mobile app can do auto punch in and out using geo location when they come and leave the office?
Hi @taka iimu -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Would you please clarify a bit? That may give the community some context to offer you ideas as you posted this question in the Jira Software area...
What do you mean by "punch in and out"?In/out of what? An application, such a timekeeping?Some form of presence indication?What would you see as the impact of being "punched in" or "punched out"?
Thanks, and best regards,Bill
There are mobile apps to do auto clock in & out for the employees time card. (example: Tsheets, Buddypunch, OnTheClock, etc.)
I would like to know if Atlassian has an extension/app to do the task. As I review "Tempo", it doesn't have GPS geo location feature for mobile app.
Would it be possible to have that feature in your mobile app? Please advise.
Taka
My guess would be that it's a human-tracking plan. One of my employers tried to implement something like this years ago - their "clever" idea was that Jira would record a work log that starts as we used our company id badge to open the gate into the building and then stop the log when we left the building.
It's fundamentally useless as "time in building" in a lot of places is not the same as "time worked on". The bank I was working for quickly abandoned it as it was illegal in some places they were active, and I was able to show them just how much time people were logging to "correcting the automatic timesheets because they're logging the wrong thing in the wrong place"
Thank you for your comment. I understood your point, but 1 thing I didn't quite get it "correcting the automatic timesheets because they're logging the wrong thing in the wrong place"
How does it happen logging wrong thing and place?
I have a few customers that want the geolocation tags (GPS coordinates) recorded for their mobile contractor teams (electricians, cooling contractors, plumbers) when they create an arrival or departure at site event (sub-task level issue) for a job (story level issue).The owners and managers want to ensure that the contractor teams record these events when they are at the specific site and not when they are at another location, to ensure the amount of effort charged and reported correlates with the actual events.How do I get the GPS coordinate when using step in an automation rule?Hopefully, someone has already done something like this and can provide input.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.