Perhaps I'm not using the tools correctly; however, here's what I'm trying to accomplish.
1. I have a project that has 10 issues
2. I need a board to do issues 1-5 and launch into a sprint: "sprint-low"
3. I need a board to do issues 6-10 and launch into a sprint: "sprint-high"
4. The problem is that Jira will not let me launch them at the same time
I'm able to create a project, create 2 boards both pointing to the same project, but when I open board1 (with sprint "sprint-low") and "start sprint", all is good.
However, when I open board2, it shows all the details of board1, along with the "sprint-low" and I'm unable to "start sprint" on "sprint-high" because it complains that I already have a sprint going.
If you need further metaphor, all of the issues pertain to a project; however, sprint-low is 'art work' and 'sprint high' is 'coding work' and at this point, it's information overload to overlap them into a single sprint.
At any rate, if I'm using the tools incorrectly or missing something here, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Newb to jira