We have started to use sprints recently, sprint of several projects at the same time, we find that "single" subtasks cannot be assigned to said sprint, but they have to be tasks.
I had classified epics with stories in the project where each story had subtasks. We have omitted the initial epics "up one degree" the level of the issues. So we have changed the type of stories to epics, however, the issues within the stories are still subtasks. So up to this point I have Epics with subtasks.
When looking at the information of the subtasks, you cannot see what epics they are. Therefore I have looked to change all those subtasks to tasks en masse.
The problem is that when subtasks are passed to tasks, it loses the link with the parent and I have to go task by task putting the epic link.
Is there a way to pass subtasks to tasks while keeping the parent / epic link?