Due date field shows in default field configuration but not in custom field tab. I have never seen this happen before as it is an internal field.There is only one default field configuration in this instance.Why can't we find the field in custom field tab?
Hello @Aaron Geister
Can you provide an image of the "custom field tab" screen that you are viewing? It is unclear where exactly you are having the problem.
Hi Aaron - Field Configurations do not determine where the fields appear on the screen. That this the screen itself and the issue layout.
Go to the screen (settings > Issues > screens) and do a Configure. There you can determine when tab is used for the field.
If you look the custom field tab has no due date field, but the default field configuration does have it. I have associated to the correct screens but its weird that its not in the custom fields tab.
@John FunkI know and understand that. What I am saying is that the field is not appearing in the custom fields tab area. If I want to find a field in the jira site it should appear under custom fields but for some reason I had to find it in the field configuration.I also understand where the lay out is and how to use it. I just don't understand why the field is not populating in the custom fields area.
This is the first time I had to use the field configuration to find a field and add it to the correct screens as this is usually done in the custom fields area. I also understand that you can do it more then one area.
Due Date is not a custom field. It is a built-in field in Jira. Only user-defined custom fields will appear in the Custom Fields screen.
You will notice that Description, Assignee, Summary, etc. (other built-in fields) also do not appear in the Custom Fields screen.
That is funny because there are many other build in fields that I can find in the custom fields area. Usually with a lock on them but you can elect to add the screens from there.Example*Start date*Target Start*Target EndThere are many others I can find from there from time to time without going to the field configuration.I understand summary, component etc have to be adjusted from the field configuration but most others have always shown up for me in custom fields.I do understand what you mean though.
Ah, you were looking for a system field and not a custom field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.